Friday, April 16, 2010

Stymied

Well the forecast was wrong today. I was all geared up to surf Higgins, unfortunately, the forecast was wrong. It called for knee high waves which would have been cool, however when I got there it was flat. So I cruised to Old Orchard trying to catch something--also flat. What really bites is the process I have to go through to get my board from my condo (and gear) to my car.


If there was a silver lining, it would be when I was checking out the surf in OOB there were seagulls claming. It is quite a sight. The seagulls pluck clams from the sand, soar overhead and drop the claims to shuck them...nature runs its course. Tomorrow I plan to hit Ogunquit after work, hopefully the forecast is correct as it is calling for waist high (3 ft).

Backstory... When I was reporting of no energy waves, I was mistaken. The waves had the energy--it was my timing that was off. This is something I have to work on as a novice...timing the waves and the pop up. Even on the video from Aimee...I was too late.

Tomorrow, I hope to report that I am catching waves as I have to go through the board and gear loading process in the a.m. Even better would be if I could report catching waves while it is snowing. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean