Friday, January 7, 2011

Mocked

Went surfing in Longboat Key. Look on a map there is no name for this beach. I'm calling it Point Dave. I don't think anyone has ever surfed here--it's a closed off beach with a bunch of silverbacks. The waves didn't have any umph. Then out of nowhere a dolphin starts taunting me and rides a wave in right next to me. I'm serious. After a long while....I finally caught a couple.

This was the 25th place I've been surfing (or in the water with a board). Trivia to my avid readers. See if you can name all 25 spots. There will be a prize to the first person to answer correctly.

Off to Baltimore. Time to get stoooooooopid!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Surf's up in OOB today!! The surfers are out there!!!

    Can't name all 25. My slow brain can't crack your code. Sometimes you talk about surfing that day, but don't name the beach, or you say two names, and it's not clear if one is the town and the other the beach in that town, or if you surfed on that town's beach then hit another beach by the name stated. Some spots it's not clear if you surfed (or at least touched the water when board was with you, or if you were just sightseeing. )Spots in CA and HI were difficult to sort out. ME spots I'm familiar with, but some are ends of streets on the same beach. My count of separate so-called beaches comes to about 30, separate spots over 40. If you mean just spots on this current trip, I can't count 25.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Longboat Key
    2. Point Dave
    3. Cocoa Beach
    4. Nokomis Beach
    5. Siesta Beach
    6. Turtle Beach
    7. Caspersen Beach
    8. Venice Beach, FL (Maybe you did Venice Beach, CA, too. Not sure.)
    9. Lido Beach
    10. Cape Hatteras
    11. Kill Devil Hills Beach
    12. Coquina Beach
    13. Bradenton Beach
    14. Holmes Beach
    15. Anna Maria Beach
    16. Surfriders Beach
    17. Ventura - Mondos
    18. La Jolla
    19. Huntington Beach
    20. Newport Beach
    21. Manhatten Beach
    22. Rock Quarry aka Nags Head
    23. Hanalei Bay
    24. Kilanea (I think you did more than two different beaches in HI, but you didn't say names. What is the jacksonhole web site ref? I thought Jackson Hole is in WY.)
    25. A string of spots in NE from The Wall and Rye Rocks in NH to Higgins Beach, ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. You buy that Caddie? Bringing it to OOB? What you gonna do in Baltimore. Thought that guy said waves flat there.

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean