Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Free Lessons

Brought Melora, a yoga instructor, surfing today. She had previous fears of the Ocean. I hooked up with Barry who just moved in for the Season. He let me borrow a soft board. I offered him money, but he refused. Ah, Maine--The Way Life Should Be.

Melora struggled at first but began to rock the waves. Bear in mind, I took her to an advanced level class. We didn't pitter-patter with the white water. She was catching real waves.

I returned the board to Barry with some surfers' brew, PBR. So both Melora and Barry are stoked!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's five days since the last post! What's happening here? Haven't read 'Surfing for Dummies' yet - What's a soft board? Who's Barry? Didn't know we had another surfer here. Is he a full time surfer, too, or does he have a part time job? Now we have two surfer boys? Wow, this place is really going to the dogs.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. A soft board is a foam board for beginners. They are more buoyant and you wont get hurt if it hits you. Barry lives on Union. He is a surf instructor and is out most days.

    About the post 'Nice Sets', I kept it as clean as I could. You like the double entendre.

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean