Thursday, September 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I had a kayak trip planned with Fred today. Looking out my window, I couldn't let the waves pass me by. Old Orchard is great. For the last three days, I have been the only one out there...parking is free and when I catch a ride, the Canadians hoot and holler!

After the surf, we went kayaking. We launched at Marblehead and were gonna paddle to Camp Ellis and return to Marblehead. I was tired. I told Fred, I didn't wanna go back up river. So we took the much longer route. We rode the Saco River to the Atlantic. Fred decided to move up front and put me at the helm. Big Mistake...we just went in circles. Once hitting the Atlantic, we went around the jetty and kayaked into Old Orchard. We passed two seals along the way (real close to our kayak). Not cool. Do you know whose favorite meal is the seal?


Approaching Old Orchard, Fred was debating what side of which set of rocks to come in on (the left or right). I told him we were gonna thread the needle and come in between both sets of rocks. We nailed the entry. Now that's a helmsman!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean