Thursday, November 11, 2010

Optimistic

I've been watching some instructional videos on You Tube called, Big Whiteboard Wednesday. I've been doing everything wrong. This guy is really great at explaining how to surf. Every correction that you would assume and make is counterintuitive in surfing. I've been trying to have no thoughts, be one, etc. No, no, no--you have to be thinking all the time. Surfing is a very territorial sport and other surfers don't tell you how to surf 'cause they don't want you taking their waves. I'm optimistic as I hope to kill it out there tomorrow.

UPDATE: It's now 11:52 p.m. and I have just re-watched the videos. Wow, my mind is in overdrive. Let's see, these are the things I have been doing wrong: the turtle roll, the push up, the way I get back on the board, the approach to getting past the break, where I setup for waves, being hunted by the waves as opposed to hunting them, the paddle to catch the wave, not fully utilizing my peripheral vision, body positioning on the board, hand placement during the pop-up, the stance (shifting weight), and the arm placement once up. The only thing in my favor is that I do have the right attitude!!! Again, wow...so much to be conscious of.

I just e-mailed the guy, thanking him for sharing his wealth of surfing knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean