Friday, September 9, 2011

Quiksilver Pro New York


Day 1
Went to the Quiksilver Pro at Long Beach. This is the first pro surf event on the East Coast in over twenty years. It was a nasty day, weather wise, but things cleared up by the time I got there and I saw some good action. This is Big Wave with Jeremy Flores.

Hit the US Open at night. Saw Serena Williams warm up and then play was suspended due to weather. The whole day was a wash at the Open. I've been to Wimbledon, The French Open, and The US Open and have yet to see a match.

Funny thing is...when I told people that I was going to the Quicksilver Pro, (having no idea) they asked me...Oh are you entering? I wouldn't even qualify for the Old Orchard Beach Open. How come no one asks me if I'm entering the US Open? I'm a much better tennis player than surfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean