Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quiver...


...or at least the start of one. I decided that the waves yesterday were not above my skill level. I had the wrong board for the conditions. So, I went to Cinnamon Rainbows to pick up a used board, but I fell for the old up-sell and went new. It's a popout (not very keen of the idea) which is taboo in the surf industry, but hey...money is money.

New board means a new look for Big Wave. I got an 8'0 funboard with a thruster setup. Phil, shop owner, wants to get me into a 6'10 next year. We'll see. My old board is a 9'4 so this will be a big transition for me. Board looks and feels tiny. Smallest I've ever ridden is a 9'0. Should be able to ride in more conditions though. Phil told me I'm gonna have to paddle harder and drop a little later. The later part I can handle.

As my golden locks were falling to the ground, I almost held off and told her to stop while we were at the little dutch boy look. After the haircut, the stylist told me --she liked the way my hair was before saying, "it was cool having an I don't care attitude." Once again, a victim of the up-sell.

2 comments:

  1. Did you trade in your old board?

    Hope the new board works out.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. No still have my old board. Working' on a quiver. I got this board so I can do more stuff out there. Should be faster and allow me to do some tighter turns and hit some bigger surf--let's hope.

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean