Saturday, March 8, 2014

Re-Dedicated

Today marks the first day of my fifth year surfing. I've gotten fat and lazy over the past 4 years. I look at video from 4 years ago and my pop up was way better back then.  So I've decided to get in better surf shape. I've started doing these surf exercises and have started yoga again. It is unbelievable how many yoga poses lend themself to surfing.  Too many to list.


So I went to Ogunquit for my surf anniversary. I caught five waves total and had three nice ones. Of course I don't have video. Look at the picture. The black piece goes into the white piece on the board and then the camera goes into the black piece. I was all ready. Waxed my board, cleaned the bottom, charged the camera, did surf exercises this morning.....forgot the black piece


Anyway, had one right hand wave where I really worked it--seriously, I haven't worked a wave in a long, long time and I even did a floater at the end. I also had one left-hand (back-side) wave where I actually walked the board a little bit--I've never done that before.  I know--yeah sure Dave...where's the video. 


Hopefully I get some good video tomorrow so you don't think I'm full of bologna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean