Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What a Blast

That's what I was thinking as I paddled through some crazy waves...what a blast. I couldn't hit the home surf as the water was infested with swimmers,etc. I am going to Goat's Island or something tomorrow with Fred so I had to surf tonight. I went to Higgins around 7:00--couldn't let the day pass without some surf. The waves were real choppy and stacked together about chest high.

As soon as I left, the skies turned, "black as night, darker than a shadow". The drive home was like a war zone. I drove over a rather large tree limb which I couldn't see. The surfmobile has been ticking like a time bomb ever since. I was gonna take a picture for the blog but I had to focus on the road. As much as I am afraid of sharks, I was seriously afraid of the lightning tonight. It was striking real close. They say you have better odds of being struck by lightning than being eaten by a shark (not everyone goes in the water--so the shark odds are skewed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean