Friday, July 2, 2010

Mt. Washington


Mt. Washington is the highest summit in New England and until recently held the record for highest winds at 231 mph.

Half way up the mountain I had to lose the bucket hat and glasses because it was getting too windy and opted to go grunge. There was still some snow on the ground. When we got to the top it was freezing. I thought I was gonna get frost bite on my fingers.

Fred tells me that we should do Mahoosuc Notch next year. Mahoosuc is the hardest/slowest mile of the entire Appalachian Trail, known as the "Killer Mile" or the "Toughest Mile". I told Fred, I may be retiring from Hiking. Then he hung me out to dry on the descent. He was so far ahead of me. Afterwards, I find out that he thought I was in front of him and he was trying to catch up. I don't know...sounds a bit fishy.




When hiking down a young couple yells, "put your hands in the air" and they begin snapping pictures of me. They must be blog viewers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dave, You forgot to mention you kicked my butt today. -Fred

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean