Saturday, April 13, 2013

Overhead Drop

So I decided to do a pre-surf exercise routine today. I'm gonna try and incorporate this before every session. Nothing major just some stretches, pop-ups, indo board etc.  Went to Higgins where the waves were good size(d). There was about 30 of us out there and even though we were scattered throughout it still felt like we were all clumped together. I went for one--I was up on the top of the wave. I had to really lean in/down. I made the drop on an overhead wave. That got the juices flowing.  It was tricky to slice through the other surfers when going for a wave (at least it was in my head).

Now I'm about to grab my best wave. I'm angled left, I'm gliding in the wave, I'm about to pop-up, I look to my right and a guy is up on the wave so I had to pull out--major bummer. I had this thing so lined up.  Next one I'm over the falls. Then I miss a couple 'cause I'm afraid of the rocks dead ahead of me. I scoot over so the rocks are out of play. Last ride of the day--I pop-up, lean in, make a head high drop (maybe higher) do a backside bottom turn and ride it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean