Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kookville

Parked at the Higgins Beach Inn to avoid the hourly shuffle. The owner of the Inn hates surfers taking his spots, but I asked. Also last year he told me it was no problem during the off-season and off-days.

Approaching the beach, all I see is blue (foam) torpedoes--good gawd! A local surf shop is holding lessons. There are 12 newbies spread throughout the entire beach. I ask the girl if this is a result of her Groupon campaign. She apologizes for taking up the whole beach. I tell her no problem, there's plenty of room (not really). She tells me not everyone feels that way, but I think she got the point as they left pretty quickly after that. I have no problem with the lessons, we all start somewhere. Just don't take up the whole surf zone. It's not even that. New surfers are supposed to stay on the inside.

Alright, enough about that. My new fin ROCKS!!! Man, what a difference. I was catching waves early (not the usual late drops),gliding, trimming, turning... I mean you can pound a nail with a rock, but a hammer is much more effective. You need the right tools for the job.

Not only did I have my best session yet, butI also caught my best ride. I was so locked in to the wave that I was considering walking the board, but I didn't wanna ruin a beautiful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean