Friday, May 21, 2010

The Wanderer


I went surfing at Gooch's Beach in Kennebunk today. This is a very pretty little cove. It was knee-waist high. I picked up a lot of tips by watching other surfers. I was paddling way too early. I also figured out when to pop up. Paddle, paddle, paddle until the wave grabs you. Things started falling into place today. I had one ride where I was actually holding my right rail with my left hand. I did not consciously do this, but hey...I see that in my surfer magazines.

Wow! As I was driving out, the winding Beach Avenue brings you from one outstanding beach to another. It is quaint, picturesque, beautiful....breath-taking New England!!! I would put the Kennebunk Beach Area ahead of the Port.

No fooling around. I get home (I did eat en route) and there were perfect conditions. I changed right in the parking lot. I hit the first two waves I went after. Then I started to cramp up. So I waited and picked the wave I was gonna grab in and sure enough I rode it home. I know, I know, but the Ocean and the waves are very alluring like the Sirens. It is especially difficult to stay away. I think I may put a 4 hr grace period in place.

"Just what you wanted, so you can feel the high"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean