Saturday, August 27, 2011

Trooper



The day before Irene is scheduled to hit, Fred went out for his first surf lesson. This was his boat (courtesy of Barry). Unfortunately, I think this board had issues--making things difficult. I'm real proud of Fred. He pearled like a pro. When he was done, he unzipped his wetsuit and let it hang from his waist while walking the beach--another pro maneuver. I think he may have been nibbling on the magic mushrooms prior to his session--old school surf!

After the lesson, I hit a few waves. Was rockin' the Marley Boardshorts. Gotta give 'em some action before Reggae Sunday next week. Higgins is calling for triple overhead tomorrow. That's 18 foot waves.

3 comments:

  1. I 'pearled'. Yeah. Went all the way to the bottom digging for pearl oysters with the front of the board. Well, I may not be much of a surfer, but I'm gonna get rich selling the pearls.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, nice shrooms. I'm keeping my eye on them to make sure none go missing.

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean