Monday, August 22, 2011

Unbelievable

Last night when there was nothing even resembling a wave, there were 9 people in the water. This morning the waves are off the hook and I'm the only one out there. Finally a kid came out. He was insane--walking the board, hanging ten. He gave me a really good tip for walking the board, but I was too spent at that point. When you're the only one out there you get tired real quick.

Walking back I see this kid rocking the skim board. He has a totally different technique where he hums the board ahead of him and hauls after it and drops in to the board (just like surfing) right before it stops skimming. His momentum shoots the thing. This little French boy gave me a lot of good tips and he spoke English extremely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean