Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bummin'

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow are the biggest and best waves of the Season. I tore my calf yesterday while jumping back on my board to paddle out. I can barely walk today. I am bummin' to say the least. The waves are so sweet and I want nothing more than to go out and surf. I went to watch the guys surf at Higgins this morning. They were shredding it on some good-sized waves. So, I'll probably be out of action for Yoga this weekend as well--another bummer. Which leads me to my next thought. In sports it is the end result that counts. For example...Jimmy Connors, Roger Federer, and Monica Seles all have drastically different forehands, but all equally effective. In Iyengar Yoga, however, it is the totality of the form/pose. There is no room for individual expression or freedom, yet you find inner freedom that is truly liberating. Do you know who the best surfer is? The one who has the most fun. So I guess yoga and surfing is a mutualistic relationship. Tight structure and total freedom. I will miss 'em both and be Bummin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean