Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sound Off


I went to Scarborough Beach today. I set up to the right of a buoy. While watching the waves, I hear this air horn going off--oh well. I catch my first ride all the way to shore and the life guard is blowing the horn at me, telling me to stay to the left of the buoy.

What a rude and indecent crowd out there. The people had no regard for etiquette. They would go after every single wave. I have been to a few legitimate surf spots and I can tell you that they would get pounded. Guys and girls alike. I would let a "clean out" wave go by. It didn't matter. They kept going after everything. After a while I said the heck with it (actually I said something else that also ended with it). I went after the next wave regardless of everyone else. I hit a nice drop and worked the wave all the way to shore where I had to stall out to avoid a boogey boarder. In the end, I continued to follow the Surfer's Code. I may not have been one of the better surfers out there, but I was the only one who wasn't a KOOK!

This picture is from the first time I went to Scarborough Beach. My viewers have indicated to me that they enjoy the blogs containing photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean