Friday, April 22, 2011

Prince


So I'm at the Prince concert and Shiela E opens (surprise guest). Now I've got a huge Prince fan to my right. He's gay (has a tramp stamp). Every time I ask him a question, his partner puts his hand around his waist. I know more Prince than both of them combined.

Out front of me there is a girl with her mom and dad.The dad has no clue who Prince is, but he footed the bill. I told the mom to let dad know how much she enjoyed the show (if you know what I'm talking about). I met Mel later and told him that his girls really loved the show.

I also met Niles. He's from Denmark, but now lives in Malibu. He sold his clothing company...He'll be taking his first surf lesson shortly.

Here's the beef. So many bands/musicians play their act and have a staged encore (or several) leaving their mega hits for the end. I say...play your ass off--leave nothing on the table. If the crowd really calls you back, then pull something out of your back catalog that will tear the place apart (make 'em work for an encore).

When all is said and done...Mel is thanking me, his wife and daughter are thanking me, Niles is thanking me, and the gay couple is thanking me....

(Going Off On A Tangent)

So I can see how the gay couple is into Prince...he is very effeminate, a showman. But once he plays... the guitar he is heavy. He's a musician and anyone who knows Prince knows he loves the ladies. He has been with Carmen Electra, Sheena Easton, Apolonia...

I'm now back in Santa Monica eating at Swingers on the Patio and this guy comes up to me and says, "you were at the show"....

That's how Big Wave Rolls!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was expecting Surfing stories not Prince stories ... what has happened? Has surfing sort of faded into the background?

    ReplyDelete

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean