Friday, April 22, 2011

Trestles

I'm in the parking lot asking this girl if I can surf Lowers. She says you came from Maine, you're definitely gonna surf Lowers. The only way to access Trestles is a 20 minute hike with your board. It's so sweet. Four breaks. Cottons, Barb Wire, Uppers and Lowers. There's a few hundred surfers between all breaks. I start out at Barb Wire and catch every wave I go after. Start walking down the beach and ask this guy where Uppers is. I Surf Uppers for a little bit and then move to Lowers.

Lowers is a world-class surf spot. They hold a pro tour event here. I'm out at Lowers and almost get run over by a shortboarder who says to me..."wrong place." He's absolutely right. These guys are all pros (literally). So I move way out on the shoulder when I see someone wave to me and signal me over. It's the girl from the parking lot and she's right in that lineup. I paddle over to her and she tells me where to set up. It was cool, I was out in a lineup with these insane surfers. I was just bobbing on the outside watching them surf. They were sick. I have never seen anything like it.

Back on the beach, Onion invites me to a beach party but I gotta head back to SaMo. Walking back to my car, crossing Interstate 5, this white suburban pulls over (holding up traffic) and says, "Hey you're from Maine right?' He was the guy who showed me where Uppers was. I told him I didn't do so hot and he said, "I saw you catch some good ones."

1 comment:

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean