Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin'

It was a tough paddle out. So much so that I almost didn't wanna catch a wave. Then I caught one where it felt as though I was floating down the face. It was a nice glide. Then I made a big mistake. I was sitting on my board bobbing the waves when I saw a larger wave coming....Hmmm, I knew I wouldn't be able to bob it, but I tried anyway. About three quarters of the way up I saw the wave start to break. The lip nearly tore my head off and sent me round and round. This wave was so powerful, it ripped my board toward shore and I immediately felt it in my leg. It pulled me so far inside, there was no way I was getting back out. Shoulda Turtled!

The only April Fools Day joke was played by mother nature who dumped some snow on us. Funny thing is, the storm brought some waves. So who's foolin' who?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family friendly forum, Let's keep it clean